Japon continued

It’s already been more than a month since I arrived in Japan. Sometime time moves quite quickly.

Over the past month I’ve been revising a few pieces I wrote during my time at UCSC, and I’ve been working on a new piece for Gayageum (Kayagum) and Shamisen, hopefully to be performed in Korea and Japan this winter.

Unfortunately for my visitors, revising music does not immediately lead to concerts or mp3s that I can share with you. So in the meantime here is one more piece from our project of 5th-grader music written by Joel Ford, rumor has it that a music-video is also in the works. More on that when it appears…

Corn-Cracker Deluxe

6 comments

1. Simon says:

train

Here’s an image proving that I am, indeed, in Japan.

2. Jesse says:

Hey Simon, why not make a children’s album? I hear that’s a good way to make some money, while still actually writing music.
    Plus, you could make it really, really creepy with relative ease.

3. Simon says:

I think “creepy” is a feeling one should avoid in making a kids album.

But that sounds like a really fun idea. Right now I’ve got a few projects I’m working on, but honestly it seems like it might be a very likely candidate for a Winter 2008 album.

Didn’t Nick Deysher release a children’s album recently?

4. lolly says:

SIMON. oh hai, i found you on the interwebs. hope you are doing well in japan.

5. Dave B. says:

Simon,

This song is very truthful. Corn IS the corniest piece of corn.
    You really got to the heart of the matter.

6. Simon says:

Thank you!

But unfortunately I can’t claim the lyrics, and thus the insight.

The only thing I can claim on this track is the bass line, and even for that I was told what to play.

d’oh

Comments are closed.

Event Calendar

August 2007
S M T W T F S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031

Upcoming Events

• No events.
The mind loves the unknown. It loves images whose meaning is unknown, since the meaning of the mind itself is unknown.

-Rene Magritte